Sunday 14 April 2013

"Don't even think about it..."

Let us never deny the fact that our animals are primal creatures. I have praised their ability to not give a hoot about their bodily functions but is there some substance behind the fact that will intentionally do something in order to get a reaction out of you like a petulant child does to its parent.

Many a time, I have witnessed a dog performing its most embarrassing moments at an extremely ill timed opportunity eg proceeding to hump a stuffed animal and or leg, cushion etc when a snobby relative comes to visit. My personal favorite is the old "drag race" trick.... Allow me to elaborate.

My perfect pooch Lavender loves the feeling of certain materials.
If Stella is wearing a silk top, there is only one place Lavender will insist on sitting. So too does my little doll enjoy walking under the fringe of a very antique piece of furniture (what can I say, she has good taste...) just to get a gentle tickle along her spine. There is no problem with this but her enjoyment of texture extended to her nether regions as well. She is examined monthly and regularly dewormed etc so there is no physical issue, but this usually well behaved lass gets an absolute thrill from dragging her bottom along the most expensive of carpets and particularly if there are people other then myself in her presence! Many a time I have had to give her that subtle "don't you even think about that right now..." Body language in the presence of less animal acclimated individuals.

But I mustn't complain, I would take her with every gross habit she has, god knows she has seen me at my worst, we have an understanding and I don't care what anyone says I am a proud kiss my pooch on her lips kinda gal! You will understand if you have an animal, every there dirty little smell is adorable and plus they are much better than humans!

Until next time
L
X







No comments:

Post a Comment