Monday 1 April 2013

Did you say haddock?

“Ooh I would love some haddock…”

My dog Lavender is a Chihuahua, perfection in a tiny package. She is 2 years old is kept busy most days with sleeping, chasing her squeaky pig and the dream of an unlimited supply of fish- the smellier the better.

Although my pooch has various dietary loves in her life- probably because she is not allowed many of them- (I’m non negotiable in terms of her food allowance for health reasons), fish definitely tips her all time favorite!

Perhaps she craves the omega or just the ability to give me a fishy kiss- but my question is what make this one food group more appealing to her palate then say cheese or meat? Do animals sometimes crave a little something?!

Perhaps my child has my genetic make up and when she has a culinary craving she will go to extreme lengths to obtain it but I often wonder if from an animal's perspective; food is food, non- animal food is delicious and then there is the best of the best in their books- in her case fish- the richer the better !

So does your pooch crave a little something sweet after dinner or a salty treat on awakening, yip we have all seen the ears prickle at the scrunch of a crisp packet? Or am I merely anthropomorphizing my darling Lavender? Similarly a friend of mine Karisma has a Poodle who will go to extreme lengths to steal tomatoes-even so far as opening the fridge and helping himself!

I would love to hear your views- send me a mail Woodrockanimalrescue@gmail.com

Until next time
L
X







No comments:

Post a Comment