Sunday 4 May 2014

The sustaining bread and butter of rescue

I love the story of the chicken who ate the bread that she baked all by herself

The story goes

Mommy chicken found wheat and asked the duck, cat and dog to help her grind the wheat. She asked them to mix the flour into doe.she pleaded with them to roll the doe. She urged them to light the fire ect
All the while all 3 refused and mommy chicken replied to their refusals. Then I shall do it myself and so she did
The bread was baked and ready to eat. 
She invited the duck cat and dog to help her eat the bread. 
Very enthusiastically all three jumped for joy and were willing to eat the bread
Mommy chicken replied" oh no I am going to eat it myself"

It makes me think of animal rescuerers who
Rescue in dark late hours 
In unsafe circumstances
We nurture the dog
We get their confidence and trust
Are the animals constant care givers
See their eyes
Witness their pain
Get let down time and time again by humans

At the end of the day the reward and love received from my furbabies are mine and mine alone because I did it myself. 

All my love 
Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment