Sunday 15 September 2013

Let's hear from Fi! Guest blogger 4!

Woodrock have the pleasure of calling a few special people part of our philanthropic family. This week, we asked one of our foster mommys-Fiona to tell us her thoughts on Woodrock! Fi has become a crucial part of our team and she goes out of her way to help us and many animals in need however she can!

I first heard about Woodrock when Estelle put out a plea, asking for somebody to foster a little female Jack Russel called Tiny.


She was placed with my son, about a week later.
I am very much into fostering and in fact if I don’t have a foster fur baby at any time I tend to feel despondent.
Of all the people that I have offered to help out, Stella is the only one that has ever bothered to come back to me, to let me know either way.
Anyway, enough about me.
First impressions:
When the gate opens, you are sure to be greeted by a friendly face, everybody including the extremely, hardworking staff behind the lines, I have never seen so many welcoming faces before.
Lovely little stoep area, where you can play with and get to know your choice of fur baby, once Woodrock and yourself are happy with the match, there will of course be paperwork, and house checks.
The office is just on the side of the stoep, always very neat and tidy, as well as welcoming.
Just be sure that you are there for the right reasons, otherwise don’t even bother going there.   
Apart from fur babies, they also have ducks, ponies and donkeys.
The Woodrock family has become my second family:
Stella is what I call Dilly, a bit absent minded, but that is just because she is so very busy.
She also works as well.
Lola, Stella’s daughter is a little gem, she is very arty, and also very dedicated to Woodrock.
Fee is an absolute angel, who never stops working, even though she had just been mauled by a feral cat, and had to have 4 stitches, she was at work as usual.
Also mustn’t forget about Johnny, he is also a very important person to the team, arrives every Saturday and walks and walks the dogs.
Susanne who is totally engrossed in her book sales, will travel far and wide to establish other areas where she can put  books that are on sale. Also to find good books for her “customers”.
I believe that this whole Woodrock Family is something else, in my eyes everyone is so dedicated, and it runs like a well oiled machine.






No comments:

Post a Comment